Our network is collaborative, ground-up, and locally-relevant.
- Accelerated growth through the use of common co-constructed learning tools.
- Access to ongoing research and data-collection to inform school model
- Collaborative platform to share ideas/resources around school model and school elements
- Premium access to virtual micro-credentials, on-site professional development, and remote faculty via Place Network Online and Place Network Virtual PD (fee-based)
- Access to model project plans and collaboration through common technology platform
- Risk management documents to support high quality off-campus programming
- Learning tools and resources including program guide template, project planning templates, and resources linked to the Place-based Education Framework.
- Commit to use the place-based education principles in your school
- Commit to implementing the elements of the place network learning model
- Use a common set of competencies (which can be linked to state standards/outcomes where needed)
- Use a common technology platform
- Uphold the Place Network mission and values
- Share learning, resources, and results within the network
- Support the costs of the annual network fee and ongoing professional development
How do we get started?
- Commit to a learner-centered place-based experience for your students.
- Believe that your curriculum can be be integrated into local places to give student authentic experiences that make an impact in communities.
- Gather support from your peers, parents, and administrators to be a partner in the Place Schools program.
- Commit to the scale of implementation: classroom (if curriculum is already integrated), grade, or school.
- Build a team of teachers from within the school to join the pilot.
- Apply to become a pilot within the network.
- Teach to change the world.