We believe teacher professional development should reflect how we teach: learner-centered and engaging.
Place Network Schools partnerships provide support and ongoing consulting prior to the opening year of a school. This includes school model development based on the Place Network framework as well as administrative support to answer questions regarding school operations. Place Network Schools are grounded in the local community and place, with fidelity to the place-based educational approach, the learning model, competencies, and technology platform.
- On-site program prototyping and planning
- Virtual consulting
- Access to Program Elements (listed below)
Available Program Elements (to save everyone time!)
- Place-based Framework and Learning Model: Full professional development sequence based on tested and proven TSS Framework for Place-based Education.
- Articulated Competencies: Comprehensive set of competencies, performance indicators, and continuum milestones based on best research based compilations.
- Program Playbook: This handbook covers all components of a suggested format as well as general programmatic guidelines. It can be amended to add policies and protocols specific to school site.
- Technology Solution: A partnership with a technology solution to support sharing, school assessment, and measuring progress in a learner-centered technology solution.
- Network Access: Network access to place-based education units created by teachers around the country.
- Risk-management Protocols: Extensive protocols for risk-management while taking students outside of the school building.
- Professional Development Support: Articulated virtual/on-site professional development sequence for all elements of the Place-based Education Framework.
Once school is open, Place Network Schools partnerships provide ongoing and on-demand support to accelerate learning at both the program and operations levels.