We believe teacher professional development should reflect how we teach: learner-centered and engaging.
Place Schools partnerships provide support and ongoing consulting prior to the opening year of a school. This includes school model development based on the Place Schools framework as well as administrative support to answer questions regarding school operations.
Transform Partnership Benefits
- On-site faculty professional development through out partnership
- Virtual consulting
- Access to Program Elements (listed below)
Available Program Elements (to save everyone time!)
- Place-based Framework: Full professional development sequence based on tested and proven TSS Framework for Place-based Education.
- Articulated Competencies: Comprehensive set of competencies, performance indicators, and continuum milestones based on best research based compilations.
- Sample School Program Handbook: This handbook covers all components of curriculum, instruction and assessment as well as general programmatic guidelines. It can be amended to add policies and protocols specific to school site.
- Technology Solution: A ready to go open-source competency-based technology platform available for schools. Additional customization can happen dependent on technology resource of organization.
- Network Access: Network access to place-based education units created by teachers around the country.
- Risk-management Protocols: Extensive protocols for risk-management while taking students outside of the school building.
- Professional Development Sequence: Articulated virtual/on-site professional development sequence for all elements of the Place-based Education Framework.